Ranked 4th in the UK for Law
Did you know that the University of Dundee is ranked 4th in the UK for Law by the Guardian University Guide 2020? Just ahead of us are the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford and UCL. This means that by studying Law at the University of Dundee you will be gaining a highly recognised degree.
At the University of Dundee we offer bachelors law degrees (LLB), masters law degrees (LLM) and PhD opportunities in a wide range of topics from Private International Law to Human Rights and Liberal Democracy.
In the last REF assessment, 100% of the research activity carried out in our Law School was rated as being of a quality which is "recognised internationally".
Tracy Abowarisimaka Lelei
Law at the University of Dundee
Submit your details to find out more
Dundee is situated on the east coast of Scotland in the UK. The campus at the University of Dundee is safe, compact and has a welcoming atmosphere.
Step outside our campus and you are within walking distance of great restaurants, cafés, bars, shops, museums, art galleries, theatres, a cinema, sports centres, stunning scenery and more.
Start your undergraduate degree in September 2020 or September 2021. Choose from:
- LLB in English/Northern Irish law
- LLB in Scots law
- LLB in Scots and English law
- LLB Law with Languages
- LLB in Scots Law with Oil & Gas Law
- LLB in English/Northern Irish law with Energy Law
Start your graduate degree in September 2020 or January 2021. Choose from:
- LLM Law
- LLM International Commercial Law
- LLM Corporate & Commercial Law
- LLM Environmental Law
- LLM International Criminal Justice & Human Rights
- LLM International Law & Security
- LLM Law, Banking and Finance
- LLM Comparative & European Private International Law
Start your Law PhD degree in a range of topics for example:
- Human Rights and Liberal Democracy - Can supranational constitutional design and unelected institutions be seen as effective or legitimate constraint on the political power of elected politicians
- Towards an International Law of Energy - rationale, scope, organisation and rule-making process
- Critical legal theory / critical legal studies - theoretical or philosophical enquiries into law from any critical perspective, but notably biopolitics, continental philosophy / critical theory (e.g. Derrida, Foucault, Nancy), or interdisciplinary approaches
- Subnational Constitutionalism - checks and balances at the subnational level of government in one or more federal or regional states
- Please note that many other Law PhD topics may be considered
Learn more about our Law degrees
We'll email you all the information you need about our courses, accommodation options, and the city of Dundee so you can make an informed decision about your future.Request Information