LLM at the University of Dundee
University of Dundee LLM graduates are at the top levels of their profession, reaching the highest level of legal private practice, and the judiciary, both domestically and overseas.
We have an established tradition of welcoming African students to study on our innovative LLM programs, and with a selection of LLM courses across our Law School and Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law & Policy, you can select a course to meet your career aspirations.
All of our LLM Programs have a strong emphasis placed on developing skills which will help your future career. If you study an LLM Energy Law course with us, you join one of the Top 10 LLM Programs for Energy Law (LLM Guide 2020).
"I chose the University of Dundee due to CEPMLP’s global recognition for excellence and its strong Alumni network. Additionally, CEPMLP is consistently ranked top for studying energy law by the LLM Guide."
Jeremy Odor, Nigeria
International Energy Law and Policy LLM
Take your career to the next level by undertaking an LLM at the University of Dundee. Choose one of our specialist programs or our LLM General which allows you to choose from across our full portfolio of modules to make your own bespoke masters.
Specialist LLMs include:
- International Commercial Law LLM - International commerce drives the global economy and, in turn, international legal practice. This course offers a broad range of core and optional modules across the different fields of international commercial law, from international litigation to intellectual property law to international economic law.
- Corporate & Commercial Law LLM - You will gain a comprehensive understanding of core issues relating to corporate law and corporate governance, and in intellectual property law. You'll focus on the structure and development of company law both in the United Kingdom and in an international context.
- Business & Human Rights LLM - This course will help you understand human rights impacts of businesses and how to address them. From green investments to fake news, procurement and the gig economy, you will gain legal knowledge with insights not just from Law but related disciplines, as well as real life practice.
- Environmental Law LLM - This course gives you an understanding of the main legal issues related to environmental protection and sustainable development. The choice of modules and dissertation topics allow you to focus on the environmental and sustainability issues that are important to you.
- International Energy Law and Policy LLM - This course focuses on electricity and gas, with options to study hydrocarbon production. You'll examine how energy is regulated, the legal structure of electricity and gas industries, and the liberalisation of energy markets.
- International Oil and Gas Law and Policy LLM -in this course you will learn how governments regulate the oil industry. You will study the rules and regulations set out by producer governments dealing with oil and gas investors, and how the concerns of investors are dealt with.
Request LLM Course Details
Join our multicultural University, and gain your LLM in Scotland as you #DiscoverDundee.
Dundee is on the east coast of Scotland in the UK. The University of Dundee campus is safe, compact and has a welcoming atmosphere. Step outside our campus and you are within walking distance of great restaurants, cafés, bars, shops, museums, art galleries, theatres, a cinema, sports centres, stunning scenery and more. During the global challenge of coronavirus, we continue to receive applications from Africa. We have put in place measures relating to our admissions processes, pre-sessional English courses, and deadlines, to offset current difficulties and a campus Covid code of conduct for your safety. We would be happy to give you more information should you wish to enquire about a course.
Learn more about our LLM Programs
We'll email you all the information you need about our LLM courses, so you can make an informed decision about your future career.Enquire Now